Q-Nomy offers a Customer Journey, Optimized with Omnichannel Appointment Scheduling and Multi Queue Management System. Q-Nomy operates across the market and has an extensive presence in the healthcare market.
As part of their modernization path and new version, they would like to offer the service to more “modest” customers with a SaaS version of the service. Sela has a track record of over 3 decades of leading consulting and technology knowledge in Israel. Sela, as an MSP, helped Aspire Global reach its business goals on Microsoft Azure.
Q-NOMY TECHNICAL AND BUSINESS CHALLENGES
- The current application does not enable multi-tenants.
- The infrastructure for the application is based on VM and does not enable changing and increasing demands.
- There is no high-end DevOps and monitoring methodologies.
AS PART OF THE WORK, WE HAD TO TACKLE THE FOLLOWINGS:
- Identify and characterize new infrastructure models and challenges.
- Database and data platform are not suitable for a SaaS product.
- No application monitoring system was installed.
- Scaling issues for supporting large data volumes.
- The machine behind the site cloud is not implemented using native azure components.
Q-NOMY HAD A CHALLENGE:
As a public website and one that serves multiple customers at once, in high-demand markets (doctors, banks, and more), they must have a highly available web site.
Because this is a public-facing website and has a high traffic volume, the site cannot be taken down and is always running.
The current database has multi-tenant enabled.
HOW DOES Sela ASSIST?
Sela has a unique positioning as an SI, a Software House, and a Training Partner. This enables us to give a 360 solution to the client from the infrastructure through DevOps, Data, and Development, giving them the best solution and making a transformation within the teams by providing a comprehensive knowledge transfer and a state-of-mind transformation.
We at Sela believe we should forget about "Lift & Shift." It is not a unique enough solution, and it leaves the conversation around pricing. Besides Sela being the leading cloud partner in MEA Sela is also a software lab and a college, allowing us to debug and transform customer applications to offer a complete "Lift & Transfer" methodology. Sela experts have written several books on Dotnet performance best practices and modernization.
THE SOLUTION AREAS
The solution covered combines the following areas: Kubernetes, Application insights, Application security and isolation, and infrastructure.
TO MAKE THE SERVICE MUTI-TENANT ENABLED WE HAVE TO CHANGE THE FOLLOWING COMPONENTS:
- Front-end server
- Database structure wand infrastructure
- Security best practices
- DevOps and deployment best practices
WE HAVE USED THE FOLLOWING COMPONENTS:
- Azure app services as a front end—app services allow us to host the application platform.
- Azure Elastic database for multi-Tenant
- Azure application insights
To adhere to the requirements for multi-tenant services and separated database structure, we have used SQL Database SaaS app patterns.
THE MAIN BENEFITS ACHIEVED
- Enable the ability to "pinpoint" exact problems and find the "line of code" causing the problem.
- Streamline of services and code using azure app services and Azure DevOps pipelines
- Better database structure using Azure SQL
THE LEADING TECHNOLOGIES THAT WERE INVOLVED IN THE SOLUTION
- Sela’s experts delivered the following infrastructure solution for Q-Nomy (All the below technologies were deployed over Q-Nomy's new Azure subscription):
- Established these services and components to reduce the amount of load used by the front-end
- Azure Application insights
- Azure front door
- Application services with private endpoint
- Azure SQL Elastic pools
- Azure DevOps pipelines