BE THE BANK (BTB) is a leading P2P investment and lending platform. BTB currently has a complete working platform, which is a monolith based on virtual machines and hosted on a local Israeli cloud provider.
As part of expanding its business portfolio, scale and activities, BTB is seeking to extend its platform with new growth engines and to break the monolith into mini/microservices which will allow a full and integrated solution.
BTB requested Sela’s assistance with a complete professional services DevOps solution to host the new system on AWS alongside their existing one.
With BTB, Sela’s professional services will build BTB’s infrastructure on AWS and the required CI/CD processes and tools.
BE THE BANK (BTB) faced several challenges with its existing monolithic platform hosted on a local cloud provider. They needed to break down the monolith into microservices and migrate to AWS. The challenges included:
- Lack of a DevOps solution: BTB required DevOps solutions to host their new system on AWS and implement CI/CD processes and tools on AWS.
- BTB needed a pipeline to securely manage and store sensitive information while ensuring developers could access it for GitOps purposes.
- Authentication synchronization: BTB wanted to synchronize their GSuite users with AWS for seamless Single Sign-On (SSO) integration.
BTB partnered with Sela's professional services to address their challenges and implement a comprehensive solution on AWS. The key components of the solution were:
- Infrastructure on AWS: Sela's team built BTB's infrastructure on AWS using well-designed architecture approach, utilizing Terraform for Infrastructure as Code (IaC). This included setting up essential services such as Transit Gateway, VPN, Route53, KMS, ECR, EKS, S3, and RDS.
- GitLab Pipeline and CI/CD: Sela's experts leveraged GitLab for pipeline and CI capabilities, ensuring smooth integration with the new AWS infrastructure. They also utilized ARGOCD for continuous deployment (CD) processes.
- Sela's team developed a secure pipeline that allowed developers to push all information to AWS while ensuring their secrets were encrypted in the code for GitOps purposes. This approach facilitated efficient and secure management of sensitive information.
- Synchronization of Authentication: Sela implemented SSOSync Lambda function, enabling synchronization between GSuite and AWS, ensuring seamless Single Sign-On for BTB users.
The collaboration between BTB and Sela yielded significant results, providing the following benefits:
- Modular Microservices: BTB has nearly completed its successful transition from a monolithic platform to a microservices architecture, improving scalability, maintainability, and deployment flexibility.
- Efficient Infrastructure: The new infrastructure built on AWS allowed BTB to leverage the scalable and reliable services provided by the cloud platform
- Streamlined CI/CD Processes: With the implementation of GitLab Pipelines and ARGOCD, BTB gained efficient CI/CD capabilities, enabling faster and more reliable software delivery.
- Enhanced Security: The secure secrets management pipeline protects sensitive information while facilitating seamless GitOps processes.
- Simplified Authentication: Synchronization between GSuite and AWS through SSOSync enabled a seamless Single Sign-On experience for BTB users, enhancing productivity and user experience.
BTB's successful transformation to AWS with Sela's assistance empowered them to embrace modern practices, leverage cloud-native services, and enhance their software development and delivery capabilities.