Customer profile - Sagarmatha is a marketing automation company, founded in 1999. The company specialization lays within the level of personalization content the platform enables the retails – in order to increase influence on individual shopper’s path to purchase, by using AI based Technology.
Sagarmatha Core business is based on 3 main products, these products provide layers of information of shoppers on-line behavior, some layers are based of purchasing history, and some layers based on future purchasing prediction.
Sagarmatha has about 130 employees and located in Israel and the US.
Sela assisted re-host their products infrastructure (Linux VMs) from the On- Premises to Azure.
SAGARMATHA GLOBAL BUSINESS PROBLEMS THAT WERE TACKLED
Sela was approached by Sagarmatha to help them to migrate 40 virtual machines with Linux as their O/S from their On- Premises Data Center in Israel to the new cloud infrastructure environment. Our SMEs, together with Microsoft Architects and Sagarmatha engineers identified the following challenges:
1. Integrating data process from the on premises data-center in Israel to new cloud environment
2. Scaling issues for supporting large data volumes
3. Building automation process instead of the current manual processes done nowadays.
4. Ensuring business continuity for Sagarmatha
SAGARMATHA HAD A PROBLEM:
1. 1. Their current application was developed on top of on-premises components, and the initial request from the stakeholders was not to re-write the application.
HOW DOES SELA HELP?
Sela has a unique positioning as an SI, a Software House and a Training Partner. This enables us to give a 360 to the client from the Infrastructure, through DevOps, to the Data and Development, not only giving them the best solution, but also to make a transformation within the teams, by providing a comprehensive knowledge transfer and a state of mind transformation.
We at SELA believe we should forget about “Lift & Shift”, it is not a unique enough solution and it leaves the conversation around pricing. You can Win Compere in some cases, but even if you do that, other vendors will win back eventually. We found that the best competitive On-Premises architectural design. Usually it involve in Azure PaaS elements, in most cases a combination of Big Data, AI, Containers and specific Azure native components (Azure DataBricks / Azure SQL / Cosmos DB / Data lake / ML / etc.). This “Transformation” from On-Premises into PaaS and Services brings the best of Azure, both in technology and pricing and increases the client’s stickiness in scale.
THE SOLUTION AREAS
The solution covered combines the following areas: Open Source, Micro-Services, Data and AI, and Infrastructure.
THE MAIN BENEFITS ACHIEVED
- Opening new opportunities for new applications to be deployed
- The platform can serve more customers con-current with no disruption.
- Operational costs was being reduced by 25%.
- By using Micro-Services architecture, we had to assist to change the application code only slightly a bit from .Net to .Net Core, after stakeholder’s approval in order to promoting reduction of the operational costs.
THE MAIN TECHNOLOGIES THAT WERE INVOLVED IN THE SOLUTION
- SELA’s experts delivered the following infrastructure solution for Sagarmatha (All the below technologies were deployed over Sagarmatha’s new Azure subscription):
- Established these services and components in order to create the data process from the Local Data Center in Israel to Azure
- Azure DataBricks
- Data Factory
- Api Management
- Azure SQL Database
- Azure Cosmos DB