Customer profile - Aspire Global is a public company trades in Stockholm Stock Exchange. The company specialization lays within the on- line casino territory and their main product is an IGaming Platform – Full suite of managed services, for the on-line casino owners.
Aspire Global has about 500 employees and located in Malta, Israel and Kiev.
Sela assisted re-host their products infrastructure (Linux VMs) from the On- Premises to Azure.
ASPIRE GLOBAL BUSINESS PROBLEMS THAT WERE TACKLED
Sela was approached by Aspire Global to help them to migrate 80 virtual machines with windows as their O/S from their On- Premises Data Center in Malta to the new cloud infrastructure environment. Our SMEs, together with Microsoft Architects and Aspire Global engineers identified the following challenges:
1. Integrating data process from the on premises data-center in Malta to new cloud environment.
2. Scaling issues for supporting large data volumes
3. Ensuring business continuity for Aspire Global
ASPIRE GLOBAL HAD A PROBLEM:
1. Timeline considerations were very limiting, due to the fact that as a public company, they have to notify for any infrastructure changes in advance to their stakeholders.
HOW DOES SELA HELP?
Sela has a unique positioning as an SI, a Software House and a Training Partner. This enables us to give a 360 to the client from the Infrastructure, through DevOps, to the Data and Development, not only giving them the best solution, but also to make a transformation within the teams, by providing a comprehensive knowledge transfer and a state of mind transformation.
We at SELA believe we should forget about “Lift & Shift”, it is not a unique enough solution and it leaves the conversation around pricing. You can Win Compere in some cases, but even if you do that, other vendors will win back eventually. We found that the best competitive On-Premises architectural design. Usually it involve in Azure PaaS elements, in most cases a combination of Big Data, AI, Containers and specific Azure native components (AKS / Azure SQL / Cosmos DB / Data lake / ML / etc.). This “Transformation” from On-Premises into PaaS and Services brings the best of Azure, both in technology and pricing and increases the client’s stickiness in scale.
THE SOLUTION AREAS
The solution covered combines the following areas: Open Source, Kubernetes, Data and AI, and Infrastructure.
THE MAIN BENEFITS ACHIEVED
- Guarantee for the quality of the network by using Express Route
- By building a new deployment process using AKS and automation process, they can deploy new applications and new features just in a few clicks
- The service we provided enabled Aspire Global to meet their strict timeline and as a result – they can offer their services in scalable approach, therefore potentially gain more customers than before.
THE MAIN TECHNOLOGIES THAT WERE INVOLVED IN THE SOLUTION
- SELA’s experts delivered the following infrastructure solution for Aspire Global (All the below technologies were deployed over Aspire Global’s new Azure subscription):
- Established these services and components in order to create the data process from the Local Data Center in Malta to Azure
- Express Route
- Data Factory
- API Management
- Azure SQL Data warehouse
- Azure SQL Database
- Azure Cosmos DB
- Azure Databricks
- Service Bus
- Azure Kubernetes Services (AKS) – Frontend and Backend